For all buildings with asbestos, the EPA recommends the development of an asbestos Operations & Maintenance (O&M) program to communicate the locations of asbestos to appropriate parties and train building employees on how to work safely around the materials.
Kyron created asbestos O&M program manuals include:
- An asbestos inspection report.
- Asbestos notification for the building that meets regulatory requirements.
- Emergency response procedures and contacts.
- Building specific asbestos warning signs for posting in maintenance areas.
- Written procedures for working safely on or around asbestos.
- Identification of work practices and associated training requirements.